You may also be interested in the following courses
FeedbackWhat previous participants said about this course...
Thanks a lot to the instructor Nenad Marjanovic for the great day and lecture!
Intense, fast and good! :)
Great hands-on materials
Introduction to Flexible Electronics
Since the discovery of organic materials with conducting properties, about three decades ago, organic optoelectronics has evolved into a dynamic field of applied research and industrialization. Due to their outstanding material properties compared to traditional inorganic semiconductors, organic semiconductors are anticipated to impact strongly on the future development of semiconductor technology. For example, polymer semiconductor devices are mechanically flexible, comparatively easy to process at low-cost allowing customer-designed manufacturing. A bright future is forecasted for organic LEDs. Various applications ranging from organic displays, organic solid-state-lighting, to integrated sensor systems are expected to produce a huge impact on our future daily life. In this lecture a survey on organic optoelectronics will be presented by exposing the participant to the basics of organic-LEDs, -photodetectors, -field-effect transistors and their combination to integrated systems. The device physics and required production technologies like screen-, ink-jet-, gravure-printing of polymeric semiconductors materials will be discussed in the context of potential future applications and markets.
The course addresses a technologically interested audience coming from industry as well as from universities.
- Introduction to organic semiconductor material classes
- Basic building blocks of organic optoelectronics: Organic LEDs- Organic photodiodes - Organic transistors
- Degradation of organic semiconductor devices
- Production technologies of polymeric semiconductor materials
- Organic optoelectronic systems: Organic displays - LogoLEDTM - Integrated organic systems
- Potential future applications of organic optoelectronics
- Market outlook
Information and registration