Vous pourriez aussi être intéressé par ces cours
Format(s) disponible(s) pour ce cours
cours en salle
Fundamentals of wireless positioning and navigation techniques
Objectifs du cours
- To provide a survey of modern wireless positioning systems and techniques as applied today to the fields of IoT, cellular phones, transportation, navigation, timing, etc.
- To review the first principles of radio frequency propagation concepts to better understand the challenges and limitations of wireless positioning and navigation systems.
- To explain the fundamentals of satellite-based positioning systems and techniques as used today in mass-market as well as in professional equipment providing m-level and mm-level accuracy, respectively.
- To explain the fundamentals of terrestrial network-based positioning and navigation techniques as applied to the mobiles and IoT networks.
- To describe the main metrics and some fundamental theoretical limits (Cramér-Rao Lower Bound) that can be used to evaluate the positioning accuracy
The course addresses anyone involved in wireless positioning and localization, from the manager who wants to learn the basics, to the technician, research student, or engineer who wants to learn the more advanced concepts, including the users, providers, and manufacturers of wireless connected systems and IoT.
- Introduction (applications, classification, comparison, ...)
- Radio frequency propagation, models, and induced errors
- Evaluation of positioning accuracy and fundamentals limits (Cramér-Rao Lower Bound)
- Satellite-based systems for positioning, navigation and timing (e.g. GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Beidou)
- Terrestrial network-based positioning and navigation (e.g. cellular, Wi-Fi, IoT)
Informations et inscription
Langue du cours